Be a Working Artist
- Chicago Artists’ Resource – Don’t miss the annual Spring Creative Expo coordinated by CAR!
- Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs
- Chicago Artists’ Coalition
- Friends of the Arts (FOTA) – a professional support service for artists
- The Fund for Women Artists
- Illinois Arts Council
- The New York State Foundation for the Arts
- The Arts Journal, Daily Art News
- Arts Deadline List
Healthcare Info for Artists
- PDF Download: How to Get Affordable Health Care in Chicago, AHIRC
- PDF Download: (Official) Guide to Starting a Business in Illinois
- PDF Download: List of City of Chicago Business Resources
- City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs – Free appointments with Business Consultants, apply online for your business license, find out about zoning and more.
- Jane Addams Hull House Association – Classes and workshops on a range of topics from starting a business to building a website – many are FREE.
- Score! – Small business mentoring and tools
- GYST – Business, marketing software for artists.
- Art Biz Blog
- Cybercat-va, Business Assistance for Artists
- The Community Media Workshop
- Self-Promotion: DIY Website Promotion
- Articles for Artists: from ArtBusiness.com
- The Artrepreneur – Art marketing, finance, and self-promotion.
- ArtistsNetwork.com – A message board for artists
- Art Calendar
- smART Learning Center
- The National Arts Marketing Project
- Facebook “Pages” – Different than your personal profile page, this “page” works is a branding tool, essentially a hub for “fans” that allows you to communicate directly with your fully opted-in and targeted audience. Create events, post news, etc.
- Colorama Printing
- SharpDots – great for postcards and brochures, excellent color reproduction
- Dun-wel Lithograph Company – Since 1947 and right around the corner on Ravenswood/School.
Submit your resource!
Suggest a resource for artists: info [at] corneliaartsbuilding [dot] com